The Leland House & Rochester Hotel is committed to green practices and sustainability. We have taken many steps to reduce our carbon footprint including, but not limited to…
- Reducing water usage by installing low flow toilets and using conservations cards – towels and linens changed between guests and upon request only.
- Comprehensive recycling program.
- Zero-scaping to reflect the environment we live in where water is precious and not to be wasted.
- Shower amenity dispensers and lotion dispensers to reduce small plastic bottle waste.
- Non-toxic, natural and locally produced cleaning products.
- Natural amenities including Aveda and Bee Kind.
- Serve organic, fair-trade coffee and tea.
- Serve locally produced eggs, bread, hot sauce and honey, along with other seasonal items.
- Serve local beers (SKA, Telluride Brewing, Steamworks Brewing), rum and whiskey in our bar.
- In 2014 the Rochester Hotel has an energy useage assessment performed by the Four Corners Office of Resource (4CORE) Efficiency. The report focuses on areas where the hotel can improve upon energy efficiency.
- Through 4CORE the Rochester Hotel has signed up for Solarize La Plata, a program that helps us coordinate the installation of solar panels.
We continually research and improve practices that pay respect and lessen our impact on the environment.